Jan 15, 2013

Time in Nature

"A few minutes in nature can renew mind and body, reduce stress, lower blood pressure, and make sick people healthy faster." Virginia Sole-Smith

If at all possible, I spend time in nature every day.  I have often wondered how I would thrive in a metropolis, with the cacophony of noise and cement/steel/asphalt.  I am supported by silence and nature.  I have just now gotten back from a 3-mile walk.  I saw wild turkey, birds in trees, and expanses of snow.  Most of us spend most of our time inside -- often with artificial light.  Even a few minutes outside every day can improve our well being.  We can benefit our Vitamin D levels, while enjoying fresh and clean air.  One way to get outside is to simply walk.  It helps to think of exercise as a gift and not an obligation.  We are not punishing ourselves when we exercise:  We are investing in our own well being.  Is today a day you can be outside for some body movement?

No comments:

Post a Comment