Jan 9, 2013

The Company We Keep

"My best tip:  (for how to make 2013 best year ever) Spend more time in the company of people who make you feel optimistic." Andrew Weil, MD

Good advice.  On a recent night when I could not sleep, I realized it was the result of  my reaction to being with someone who did not provide supportive conversation.  Granted:  I realize that my reaction is MY problem, but a solution for my reaction is what Dr. Weil recommends:  spending time in the company of people who make me feel optimistic.  That precludes spending time with naysayers  pessimists, worriers, criticizers, complainers.  It means spending more time with people who want the best for themselves and every one else.  Haven't you noticed  how much better you feel when you are with people who are kind, happy, respectful and want the best for all involved?  It feels good.  So in 2013 let us intend to be optimistic ourselves and to spend time with others who are optimistic.  We deserve it.

No comments:

Post a Comment