Jan 27, 2013

Exercise With a Friend

"Research found that exercising with a partner enhances a workout's stress-reducing effects -- a boon for the body and mind." Stanford University

I often exercise alone, but I also enjoy being in a group or with a friend.  The research above says there does not even have to be talking when exercising with a friend, because that did not change the results.  It seems, perhaps, that one's needs are met on more levels than just the physical activity.  Another benefit we might find is that we are more committed to going to exercise if we have agreed to meet someone.  That works for me with early-morning aerobics --- if I am picking up a friend, I am not tempted to stay in bed.  Exercise, alone or with others, is beneficial to our bodies and minds; and now there is evidence to say that exercise is even more beneficial when done with a friend.  So, who can you exercise with today? 

No comments:

Post a Comment