Dec 15, 2014

Considering What We Believe

"The quantum field must take the form of whatever we believe, just as water takes the shape of its container." Ellen Debenport

Research indicates that most of our behavior is controlled by beliefs of which we are unaware and which do not serve us.  As very young children, we download into our unconscious beliefs from statements and implications from those around us.  Sometimes being with extended family is a gift to better understand what those beliefs might be.  I remember such an occasion once when my father said of one of my siblings when she and her husband used an inheritance to build a new house, "Who does she think she is?!"  I realized then and there that unworthiness for success was something my father had downloaded from his environment, and, of course, then so had I.  Once aware of these beliefs, we can change them.  

No comments:

Post a Comment