Dec 3, 2014

Living Life

  1. "Yours is to live it, not to reveal it." Helen Luke

    Wise words.  We can spend so much time thinking about life and talking about life -- perhaps even telling people our beliefs about what life means.  But the richer thing by far is to simply live life.  That means, for me, to stop being in my head about something in the past or in the future, to be present to what is before me - without resistance, and to immerse myself in what is my life.  Perhaps it does not get any better.  Yes, I have a husband dying from a terminal and debilitating disease, but - even in that - I can find sweetness.  Yesterday he was so glad to see me (it varies depending on his mood), and he was also so tired.  I sat with him, holding his hand, as he slept.  He is such a good man.

No comments:

Post a Comment