Dec 26, 2014

Each Day Is a New Beginning

  1. "The glory around you is born again each day." The Muppet version of A Christmas Carol

    Perhaps that is the reason for the day and night -- for sleep -- is to have a clear demarcation so that we know we have a new day.  Yesterday may not have been optimal.  As caregivers, some of our days are not.  But, today is a new day and we can make it -- by our attitude -- into whatever kind of day we want to have.  Actually, my yesterday was very good.  I drove the 2 hours (round trip) to see my loved one and took him a Christmas treat.  He was more alert than usual, but still mostly hallucinating.  It was fun to sit and chat with him within his world as he sees it:  the cat he sees walking across the ball field, which is actually still part of the room where we were.  Then I had my daughter and her family for lunch, and in the evening I gave the sermon at a little church in the area and attended a gathering of friends after.  Yesterday was good.  I intend for today to be even better.   

No comments:

Post a Comment