Sep 23, 2015

Accepting Support

Image result for flower photos
"When everything seems to be going against you, remember that an airplane takes off against the wind, not with it." Henry Ford

As caregivers, we get ongoingly to choose how we show up in this role.  We are at the end now.  It is very difficult to witness the dying process of someone we love.  But, really, would we make any other choice under these circumstances?  Death is a given at this point, but within that we can choose how we respond to witnessing it.  Is he aware I am here?  I don't think so, but I want him to have the comfort of a person's presence.  I have brought a cd with ocean and nature sounds for background soothing sound, and I talk to him when he seems awake.  The staff is being so very kind to him and to me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment