Sep 4, 2015

Loving Ourselves and Others

Image result for flower photos
"The refusal to love is the only unbearable thing." Madeleine L'Engle

I have chosen recently to increase my acts of love toward myself - in response to losing my keys and realizing I am under intolerable stress and pressures.  In what ways do I do that?  I use our hot tub more.  I took a bike ride yesterday to make sure I got exercise.  I bought some food at the store that would ensure I had some good meals.  I called and arranged to meet with our priest, so that I can discuss funeral details.  I got together with a woman who is just starting her journey with her spouse and dementia.  I was able to give her some tips for things to do at the onset of this journey as we walked in a beautiful area.  Knowing one is not alone is an act of self love.  I have talked with my son on the phone, and I met my daughter and granddaughter for lunch.  Spending time with those I love the most is the most loving thing I can do for me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment