Sep 10, 2015

Replacing Fear With Serenity

Image result for flower photos
"What I have found when I move into a quiet space and become still, I feel a state of peace and comfort that replaces fear and tension." Ron Fox

I recently read something that is obvious, but about which I had not thought.  What tense is fear?  It is almost always future tense.  Almost all of our fear is our imagining something in the future about which we think we should be afraid.  Imagining the "what ifs", the "horrible outcomes" -- most of which never, ever come to pass.  So, let us rest in peace and comfort - and one way to do that is to rest in stillness.  Let us not entertain fear.  Let us reserve fear for those exceedingly rare situations in which we - or someone we love - might be in some danger.

No comments:

Post a Comment