Sep 3, 2015

Honoring Our Own Counsel

Image result for flower photos
"Be still and listen to the stillness within." Darlene Larson Jenks

In addition to seeking counsel from others, let us be sure to seek and honor our own counsel.  For all things.  Even for how often we visit our loved one.  I go 3 times every week.  Could I go more?  Of course.  But, it is a 2 hour drive for me, and I have many other obligations.  Some people go every day, and may be happy to tell us that.  Some people do not go at all.  We must come to what is right for us and honor it.  With the funeral arrangements I also want to honor my own counsel.  Of course I will consider his other family members and what they may or may not want, and I will consider what my loved one would want.  And then, I will decide.  Because it is my responsibility, and only I know what I want and can tolerate.

No comments:

Post a Comment