Jul 5, 2012

Choosing Your Thoughts

"When you rise to the challenge of choosing your thoughts with care, you are consciously co-creating with the universe." Kathy Juline

It has been a practice of mine for some years to carefully choose my thoughts, my words and my conversations.  So much damage can be done in the world by words carelessly-tossed in anger.  It might seem that one person choosing her or his thoughts with care would make little difference in the world, but that would be incorrect I think.  I read of a monastery in Greece that does not allow visitors and in which the monks do not speak, and it occurred to me that perhaps their practice of holding the world in prayer makes all the difference, along with all the others who hold the world in prayer.  I once read a quote by a Methodist minister (I no longer remember his name) who asked us to consider what might have occurred but for our prayers.  He asked us to consider that our prayers did prevent bad things from happening.  Perhaps so.  What I do know is that thoughts, words and conversations carefully chosen and based in benevolence DO make a positive difference in the world.  They also make a positive difference in our own health status.  Today let us practice together having only thoughts and words of benevolence and well being. 

No comments:

Post a Comment