Jul 21, 2012

Manifesting Our Thoughts

"it is only the feeling of vulnerability that ever puts you into a vibrational harmony with that which you fear. When you realize that by working to achieve your feeling of Well-being, it is then impossible for you to ever rendezvous with anything other than Well-being — that is the only place that freedom will ever be."--- Abraham

The above is a school of thought that teaches that our emotions are what attract our experiences in life.  I had a recent experience that would seem to support that.  We are in the midst of record-setting heat and drought.  We have not had measurable rain since the first week of June.  Our neighbor's well quit giving good water and was just drawing sludge.  I started worrying about our own well, how I better conserve water, better not water the lawn, found myself thinking that I sure hope our well does not go dry.  Then one day in watering the vegetables in the greenhouse, in a distracted moment, I left the water running in the hose and forgot about it.  Some time later I turned on the kitchen faucet, and --- no water.  Realizing quickly what I must have done, I turned off the outside faucet and then I had water.  But, I had run the well into the sludgy sediment at the bottom.  Gratefully, I can tell you that this ends well (my fear was having to drill a new well).  Our well is fine.  It may even be better because of clearing out some of the deposit in the bottom.  But, the lesson here for me is that I was worrying for two-three week about our well running out of clear water before I actually created that reality by leaving a faucet open.  Is it possible that in my worrying I created what I was worrying about?  I think it is a real possibility, and I henceforth proclaim that I will prevent my thoughts from going to worrying about anything.  Well being:   that is the freedom I want and that is the place where I choose for my thoughts to reside.  And, my daughter gave me the most brilliant idea:  to put a nozzle on the end of the hose that one has to squeeze for the water to come out.  That way I will never leave the water running again.  So, today I am in gratitude for my efficient well which provides pure, plentiful and clean water for me; and I am grateful for this micro-lesson in choosing my thoughts and never engaging in fear and worry.  Not even worry about what the disease of Lewy Bodies Dementia has in store for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment