Nov 26, 2013

Our Talk Reveals Us

"So, the question isn't 'What do I say?', but 'What does what I say, say about me?'" Jack Sacco

We have all heard the old adage that brilliant people talk about ideas, average-minded people talk about things, and dull-minded people talk about other people.  What we do talk about tells a lot about us.  One reason I enjoy a water aerobics group I attend is that they never talk about others, and they are always welcoming and inclusive.  We have all been in groups in which when one person leaves, the other people discuss that person.  I realize that this is the reason I enjoy a group I meet with.  We talk about any and all sorts of ideas, but we do not talk about people.  Our words carry tremendous energy.  Wayne Dwyer says the words "I am" carry so much energy that we should only put something very positive behind them -- such as, I am grateful or I am healthy.  Let us use our words to support ourselves and all life.

No comments:

Post a Comment