Nov 2, 2013

What do you love?

"Let yourself be silently drawn by the strange pull of what you really love.  It will not lead you astray." Rumi

I once heard Deepak Chopra say that he told his children to follow what they loved in choosing their professions, not what they thought they should do.  How few of us have that kind of counsel, and perhaps few of us have that kind of financial support.  What would you be doing if you were really doing what you love?  For many people, especially women, we are cultured out of knowing what we love.  Our societies often shape us into service to others, rather than following our own heart.  I have often wondered what work I would have done if I had had the encouragement to do what I loved.  But, it is never too late.  Today, what would you be doing if you were doing what you love?  What a celebration if you can say you already are doing what you love.  For the rest of us, it is something we can start.  Right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment