Nov 6, 2013

Thanksgiving

Psalm 69:30  I will praise the name of God with song, And shall magnify Him with thanksgiving.

Thanksgiving is a Holiday celebrated in the U. S. and Canada.  Other countries have harvest celebrations with November being a time to bring in the crops in many geographic areas, and - in doing so - it is a time to be thankful.  Thankful for the blessings in our lives.  Some people in some parts of the world are working such long days that they may not have the leisure to reflect on thankfulness.  I heard recently that some people in China work from 6:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.  If Maslow was right, we need to have our basic needs met before we can be self-reflective.  What are you thankful for today?  I am thankful for the blue sky and clear air.  I am thankful that I finally have my snow plow dug out from the earlier heavy snow after paying someone and spending time shoveling myself.  I am thankful for family and friends and good health. 

No comments:

Post a Comment