Sep 19, 2011

Forgiveness

The old law of "an eye for an eye" leaves everybody blind.
--Martin Luther King, Jr.
Isn't the above quote the truth?!  I was reminded of it because I just drove Dwane to see his sister, with whom I have had a strained relationship.  A long trip, over 6 hour drive each way for me, but it was something I had told Dwane I would do for him.  It was pleasant to see him enjoy reminiscing, and with whom can we better reminisce than our siblings?  A dear friend asked me if there would be any fun in the trip for me.  Lovely of her to think of me; and, no, this trip was not about fun for me.  It was about Dwane and enabling him to fulfill his desires:  to see his only sibling, an aunt, and his childhood home.

I have my fun trip planned for later when I leave Dwane in appropriate care and go to see my grandson run in a race.  I can hardly wait! 

No comments:

Post a Comment