Sep 20, 2011

Truth

"The power of truth; longterm more powerful than guns." The Dalai Lama

Last night we watched a documentary, 10 Questions for the Dalai Lama.  Fascinating.  There was much I did not know about the process of choosing the Lama, and the conditions surrounding the Dalai Lama's long exile.  His practice of nonviolence is similar to Gandhi's, but, as he said, Gandhi had freedom of speech; whereas, the Tibetan people have not. 

In my professional career I have always felt that truth would hold the day, and rarely have I been disappointed (and even when I was disappointed, I think a higher good was probably served).  The Dalai Lama also said his way was to practice the middle way; the way of mutual benefit.  How can we make the world a better place by practicing the art of mutual benefit?  It is worth seeing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment