Sep 24, 2011

Physical activity and diet

"Challenging your body with daily exercise and eating a healthy, plant-based diet help bolster your resiliency by improving your physical strength, stamina, mood and mental health -- and by reducing your risk of many diseases," Mayo Clinic Health Letter

I can always know when I am overly stressed or overly busy because exercise falls out of my daily schedule.  I have always been an avid exerciser, although it has taken different forms over the years:  running, aerobics, swimming laps, biking, hiking.  Right now I walk/run 2-3 miles a day, but I missed 2 days this week -- so I know I am overly busy -- which leads me to being overly stressed.  I exercise because I love it, and for the health benefit, but perhaps even more so for the peace of mind it provides me.  I sleep better, I feel better, my body feels better; when I have purposeful movement in my day.  Yesterday I met two other women walking on the trail I use, and one of them commented how blessed I was to have this trail so close to my home to use it every day.  I agree, and I intend to use it until snow covers it over. 

No comments:

Post a Comment