Sep 3, 2011

I believe in you

"I believe in love, I believe in music, I believe in magic, and I believe in you," Don Williams.

I took Dwane to see Don Williams in concert last night.  I am not really a fan of country music, but Don Williams' music is lovely with touching lyrics.  The singer is a favorite of Dwane's.  I had requested seating to accommodate "mobility impaired", and was surprised at what a lack of understanding exists for what might entail "mobility impaired".  There was scrutiny and questioning because he was not in a wheel chair.   There are so many degrees of mobility impairment, and it was a chance to educate people.  It was not that we were taking seats others needed, but just a process for the concert organizers to determine what kind of services might be best to provide.  A nice night with good, soulful music and some laughter with the preceding act of comedian/singers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment