Jan 13, 2010

Courtesy

"Life is not so short but that there is always time enough for courtesy," Ralph Waldo Emerson. I love poetry and the thoughts and wording of Emerson. His words above condense an appropriate approach to life. I find when I remember and adopt this attitude, life contains many blessings. Author Leta Miller says that she has four steps she uses to incorporate courtesy: smile, look people in the eye, learn and use people's names, and express appreciation. I, too, have done this for a long time, and it is amazing the difference it makes not only with how one is treated but also the difference in other people's countenance. Even if it were not good for other people, it is good for a person to practice courtesy. Treating oneself and others respectfully supports one's body, mind, and I think, soul. So, have a very, very good day, Friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment