Jan 2, 2010

Thoughts

"We should carefully consider whether we are willing to experience the results of our thoughts," The Science of Mind page 195.

I love this idea and intend to practice it more fully. Emerson said that if we seek to harm another, we but find that we are beating our own bleeding breast. That, of course, exemplifies the actual harm our negative thoughts do to us. There is a flip side to this practice, and that is the blessings we receive when we practice thoughts of love, joy and peace. The results of our thoughts impact us physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually. Someone rebuffed me recently and another person suggested that I rebuff in return, but my practice is to choose my own behavior instead of having it be a reaction to someone else's behavior.

The issue of assisted living continues to be on peoples' minds, and I was reminded this morning of something a dear friend said to me. "Dwane is already in assisted living; it is just that you are doing the assisting." That is very true, and it is important for me to recognize it.

No comments:

Post a Comment