Jan 10, 2010

Taking things personnaly

"Nothing can touch us unless we let it touch us. Refuse to have the feelings hurt. Refuse to receive anyone's condemnation," Ernest Holmes. This has been a journey for me, and I had another growth opportunity when I met recently with friends, one of whom takes on the task of judging amd commenting how other's have chosen to lead their lives. The teaching in Alanon and other places is wonderful: look for the truth in any criticism, and let the rest go. There usually is a learning for me, and for the most part, the criticism has nothing to do with me, but is a projection of the other person's own material. It is one reason I strive not to judge, and also to disallow anyone's judging of me.

On the dementia front. Continued deterioration. Lots of complaints of not feeling well. Mostly stomach related now, which has been an issue for him as long as I can remember. Perhaps it is time for another doctor visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment