Jan 29, 2010

Electronic books

I bought Dwane a Kindle for Christmas because he has so much difficulty with reading now. He has double vision to the extent that he has to close one eye in order to read at all. We have an appointment with the ophthalmologist, but I will be surprised if this problem is something that can be treated with glasses. My guess is that it is reflective of damage within the brain; not the eyes per se. Hopefully, I am wrong about that. But, the electronic book (and I am not endorsing Kindle; it was just easy for me to order that particular electronic book over the internet) will be wonderful in any case. I did not realize that it provided audio also, so if Dwane cannot read it, he can listen to it being read with a headset. That will be wonderful, as Dwane so loves to read that I want to facilitate those enjoyments for him as long as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment