May 19, 2011

Meditation and exercise

"Exercise and meditation have been shown to increase telomerase, an enzyme that lengthens telomeres, the ends of our chromosomes which control aging." ABC World News.

Another reason to keep active and to set aside time for meditation and exercise every single day.  It is not always easy.  Sometimes weather or schedules prevent us from doing these activities (unless you always exercise indoors), but to maintain the discipline is, I think, important.  Yesterday I planted our garden:  lettuce, onions, chard, spinach -- the early planters; and today I planted the not-yet-fixed greenhouse -- it may not keep the warmth in, but at least it keeps the deer out.  In addition, I find that I can fairly reliably meditate for 20 minutes before the care receiver wakes in the morning.  It is making a difference for me to have this discipline. 

No comments:

Post a Comment