May 16, 2011

Tired of this

"To him whose elastic and vigorous thought keeps pace with the sun, the day is a perpetual morning,
 Henry David Thoreau.

But what about the times when one is unable to maintain "elastic and vigorous thought"?  Yesterday I cancelled going to a class that I wanted to attend because it would have involved being gone for a few hours, and Dwane has been experiencing much more confusion and poor judgment in recent days.  And, I found I was disappointed; even more, I felt imprisoned.  98% of the time I maintain a very good attitude, and a small percentage of the time I wonder -- how am I going to continue to stand this?  Compassionate?  Yes, toward myself as human.  Realistic?  Yes, as humans we naturally seek recreation and respite. 

Then my heart has a brief moment of recreation and thrill, as I see not one, but two, great herons fly by my window as I am typing this blog.  And I am grateful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment