May 10, 2011

Simple solutions

"Those who bring sunshine into the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves," James M. Barrie.

A reader, Kathy, suggested a simple solution:  her husband can manage storage bags that have zippers, but not the type that grip together.  A wonderful, simple solution which can avoid problems and frustrations.  I implemented another simple solution yesterday.  We have in several locations light switches which are close together but turn on lights for very different places.  It was a chronic problem for him to turn on the wrong switch and leave it on, not realizing he had turned on both switches.  In order to save electricity, our energy footprint, and my frustration at finding lights left on for hours, I have covered with clear wrapping tape the incorrect switch.  And, I just heard on Dr. Oz that drinking 2 ounces of Aloe Vera Juice daily helps with bowel function.  We have implemented this and hope it helps.

Whew!   Very easy solutions which can prevent problems.

1 comment:

  1. Ohhh Great tape idea!!

    I'm going to do this over the bathroom heater switch. Now that it's warm enough in the day, we don't appreciate that heater being turned on by accident anymore :)

    One more simple solution I realized I do is opening food items as soon as I put them in the fridge or pantry, if I am sure Hubby will be getting them.
    This way there is no struggle to open a new carton of cottage cheese's freshness seal when I'm not available to help; like in the middle of the night.
    Yeah, that's not so nice to clean up :(

    ReplyDelete