Jul 1, 2011

Lost items

"I have learned silence from the talkative, tolerance from the intolerant, and kindness from the unkind.  Yet, strange, I am ungrateful to these teachers." Kahlil Gibran.

The above quote seems so true, to me at least.  Life's greatest teachers are not always ones for which I am grateful.  Dwane had several very good days; I think he was so excited about his daughter coming from such a long distance to visit.  But the adrenaline of that, or the nature of the variation of lucidity in Lewy Bodies Dementia, has shifted.  In just the last two days, he has left his glasses, his hat, and - yesterday his hearing aid!!!   I have become accustomed to scanning an area to make sure nothing is left behind; and good thing.  What have you found to help prevent loss of valuable items?  Coats, hats can be replaced.  But bigger ticket items like glasses and hearing aids? 

The visitors have cleaned up the debris left from the caved in greenhouse and built a new one on the site.  It feels like one of the old times "barn raisings" (friends, neighbors and relatives coming to build a new or damaged barn), and I am so grateful to have this accomplished.

No comments:

Post a Comment