Jul 23, 2011

Unconscious beliefs

"Man manifests, on any plane, the sum total of his subconscious beliefs." Florence Scovel Shinn.

I love the writings of Florence Scovel Shinn; writings which support my own journey --- that which we have in our subconscious can hinder or shape the direction of our lives and our own happiness.  So, how do we know what is in our subconscious?  Dreams are one way, and there are a myriad of books to help one understand their dreams.  Another reliable way for me is to notice those people I particularly admire or dislike; they will contain aspects of my own subconscious.  There are some who believe that any characteristic of humankind is part of us all; and, if we do not accept those aspects, they will be projected out onto other people in judgments and fears.  It is an exciting journey to recognize, accept and integrate the aspects of ourselves of which we have been unaware.  It is an integral part of what I think is the interior journey; the path to being fully human.   Some teachers say it is also the path to successful living.

No comments:

Post a Comment