Jul 21, 2011

Relationship selectivity

"I just do not hang around anybody that I don't want to be with.  Period.  For me, that's been a blessing, and I can stay positive.  I hang around people who are happy, who are growing, who want to learn, who don't mind saying sorry or thank you  . . .  and are having a fun time."  John Assaraf

What wonderful advice.  I would add that I want to hang around people who are honest, keep agreements, are respectful and kind, and ones who want the best for themselves and others.  I do not want to be with people with whom I have to be on guard, people who verbally assault others, people who have the habit of self entitlement, people who do not speak the truth with love and respect. 

With the extraordinary burden and stress of providing caregiving, I am henceforth choosing to be only with people I want to be with; ones who live the above qualities.

No comments:

Post a Comment