Dec 14, 2012

Be at Peace With Your Life

"It may sound odd, but the fastest way to get to a new-and-improved situation is to make peace with your current situation. By making lists of the most positive aspects you can find about your current situation, you then release your resistance to the improvements that are waiting for you." Abraham

Sounds simple, doesn't it?  Except it is not always simple.  When we are beset with difficulties and our coping skills are down, it is difficult to "list the most positive aspects" of our current situations.  Dwane is once again wanting to come home.  While I cannot blame him, it is not possible; and -- if I allow myself -- I can be frustrated that he does not remember all of the doctors who said he needed to be in assisted living.  He remembers so many things.  He is still the person I turn to for a mechanical question, but he seems unwilling to remember the medical doctor, the neurologist, the neuropsychologist who have told him that assisted living is where he needs to be now and in the future.  While Dwane is not entirely content in assisted living, he is safe -- which is my main responsibility.

So, to practice what is right about my current situation:  I am free to choose my attitude and my response in every moment.  I delight in the interactions I have with those people I most love.  I have friends who enrich my life.  My own health is very good, as is the health of the other members of my family.  I live in an area where I enjoy much freedom, clean air, nature, kind people, interesting friends.  My life is bountiful.   What are the positive aspects of your life?

No comments:

Post a Comment