Aug 11, 2014

Be Aware of Wonder


  1. "Be aware of wonder. Live a balanced life - learn some and think some and draw and paint and sing and dance and play and work every day some."
    - Robert Fulghum, "All I Need to Know I Learned in Kindergarten

    I recently gave a talk which included an experience I had with my father when I was about 7 years old.  We were walking in a beautiful meadow with high grass when I noticed some circular areas where the grass was flattened.  I asked my father what had caused those areas, and - without hesitation - he said, "that's where the fairies danced last night."  I was enchanted by his answer -- even though I knew it was not the reality.  Instead it created wonder in me.  I could imagine the fairies dancing there in our meadow in the moonlight.  Do you choose to see the ordinary or the wonder?  

No comments:

Post a Comment