Aug 6, 2014

Staying The Course

  1. "The pathway I walk is always forward.  If any man cannot walk forward with me, then I release him with a blessing, but I press onward to my good." Ernest Holmes

    Except for the gender-biased pronoun usage, I like this quote.  In my life I have found that it is necessary to let some people go, because they do not want to walk forward.  It is such a nonjudgmental way of putting the fact that we do release some relationships in our life, and how lovely to release them with a blessing.  It seems to be a reality that we cannot keep company with people who want to keep us back.  New research indicates that even to be happy, it helps to hang out with happy people.  I have found that true.  It is important for me to avoid the people who chronically complain, and that, unfortunately, is a large part of the population.  Those who focus on the "ain't it awful" aspects of life.  For my emotional and spiritual well-being, I choose to be in the company of people who see the possibilities, not the limitations. 

No comments:

Post a Comment