Aug 19, 2014

Sweet Moments

"Be serene in the oneness of things and erroneous views will disappear by themselves." Seng-Ts'an

Yesterday when I visited my loved one in the nursing home, he said, "You always come when I am in trouble."  Sweet.  He is so often not aware of things outside himself.  It turns out he needed to use the toilet, and he had been unable to get the help he needed to accomplish that.  He is so weak now that it took two aides to get him onto the toilet.  It is fun to be with him when he is lucid.  We talked about the phenomenal Little League female pitcher, Mone, and I found him a game to watch on television when I left.  One of the aides told me quietly, "He is one of my favorites."  It is so gratifying to know when he is being well cared for.  

No comments:

Post a Comment