Aug 3, 2014

Respite

  1. "Respite is critical for the caregiver." Mayo Newsletter

    I agree.  Respite is critical.  After a very busy week, with taking my loved one to the dentist -- a challenging outing with him now in a wheelchair, some professional obligations of my own, and driving to see him in the care facility, I find I am very tired today.  I have a number of tasks I have to do this morning, but then I am going to rest.  How do you find time to rest?  Between the responsibilities for the care receiver and the business of life, how do you find time for you?  It is hard to do, but critically important.  It seems that we must either let some things go, hire them out, or squeeze in the time to do them ourselves.  I see painting that needs to be done outside.  So, do it myself or call a handyman?   I am sure you have decisions like that yourself.  

No comments:

Post a Comment