Aug 9, 2014

Honoring What We Love

  1. "Let yourself be silently drawn by the stronger pull of what you really love." Rumi

    Great advice!  So many of us get locked into things that others have convinced us to pursue.  Even caregiving.  I have seen people literally kill themselves trying to take care of someone because they felt they "had to".  That serves no one.  Yes, it is tremendously difficult to see our loved one imprisoned by a disease and declining.  But, it serves no one to let the disease take us too.  I have my beautiful daughter to thank for developing the strength to place my loved one in assisted living.  She saw, what I was not willing to, the extreme toll caregiving was taking on me.  Some people can do it and not have it affect their health, but with Lewy Bodies Dementia difficult behavior is such a component of the disease process, it is extremely difficult to manage the care in your home.  Please be sure to manage your own health.  

No comments:

Post a Comment