Sep 16, 2014

A Tender Moment

  1. "Choose happiness today by taking life moment by moment, complaining very little, and being thankful for the little things that mean a lot."  Suman Rai

    A tender moment when I saw my loved one yesterday.  He was struggling to change his position in his wheelchair.  I tried to help him readjust his body, as he gets so that he leans over to the left -- eventually hurting his left hip from the weight.   After I had helped him, he said, "It's scary."  I asked, "What is scary?"  And he responded, "Not being able to move my body."

    These moments of lucidity are touching and sad.  The lucidity is about his physical decline; not usually about his cognitive decline, and it is not usually there.  It has to be hard and scary for him (or anyone) to see their decline.  

     

No comments:

Post a Comment