Sep 17, 2014

Telling Our Story

  1. "Imagine how many times Paul told the story of being knocked off his horse by God.  He did so, most likely, because with each retelling, he was brought deeper into revelation."
    Mark Nepo

    This is true of our stories too.  We need to tell our stories in order to understand them, and we need to tell our stories to people who can accept them.  Research tells us this is imperative to let go of shame -- that we must tell the circumstances of our feeling shame to someone who can accept and hear this.  Then, and only then, can we be free of the shame -- which is so important because shame is so damaging to our psyches, our bodies, our souls.  Who do you have in your life who will hear your story?  I was telling two friends recently about my loved one's fear that he could no longer move his body, and I started to cry.  It was so good for me to have someone listen, nonjudgmentally, to me, to my story.  

No comments:

Post a Comment