Sep 23, 2014

Finding Strength


  1. "Commit your way to the Lord; trust in him, and he will act." Psalm 37:5

    Sometimes, as caregivers, it is difficult for us to find the strength to continue.  Some people get their support from family and friends, some from support groups, some from their religion.  It does not matter so much where we get our support, but we must get it.  I had a phone call from a neighbor this weekend who is at his wit's end with the caregiving of his wife.  I can certainly understand his frustration, especially when she -- like many of those who need caregiving -- refuses to get any help, or even to see the need for any.  I could listen to him, and I could offer him suggestions for what might work -- since I have been in a similar situation and have found some valuable services in the area.  Caregiving is very, very stressful.  We must find support in order to provide the care for ourselves and the loved one.  

No comments:

Post a Comment