Sep 14, 2014

Good Is The Natural State

  1. "The premise that so many people come from is that good isn't natural; good must be demanded or manipulated or orchestrated. And we say, good IS natural! It must be asked for, and it must be expected — but Good is the only Stream that flows." ---Abraham

    What if this is true:  that good is the natural state and all we have to do is ask for it and expect it?  Well, we don't really have anything to lose, do we, in assuming that good is the natural state of things?  It helps me to orient toward this belief by practicing gratitude.  I was in a recent funk because I had made the decision to leave something that --- on many levels -- I really enjoyed.  I knew the decision was right, and a wise therapist taught me many years ago that when you make a decision, you must grieve all the options you did not choose.  I was grieving the what-if's, and maybe's of what might have been had I stayed in the situation.  The decision to leave was correct for me, and I needed to grieve the other options that were available that I did not choose (such as staying in the situation).  What helped me switch out of the grieving was to turn to gratitude by remembering the good I had experienced while in the situation.  

No comments:

Post a Comment