Jun 29, 2011

10 minutes?

"Stress relief is as easy as 10 minutes of activity," Nicole Craig.

10 minutes?  It seems nearly everyone could fit in 10 minutes of some kind of activity; especially if the payoff is reduced stress.  It has been wonderful for Dwane to have daughter and family here, and they have helped me by tearing down the greenhouse destroyed when the snow caved the roof in and helping to build another one.  A balance of help and some additional stress.  Probably no one who has never lived with dementia knows that he/she is seeing the person with dementia at their very best when they see the person briefly.  Just before they arrived today, Dwane had a behavioral meltdown -- I am sure it is frustrating for him to be unable to do the things he once could do.  Well, that is stressful for me too.  Amazing how new people can bring out the best in him.  Thankful, thankful I am -- for that, and for helping us construct a greenhouse replacement. 

Except for helping construct the greenhouse, my morning was too hectic to include exercise.  Tomorrow I will go earlier.  My days are less likely to come unraveled if framed by exercise and prayer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment