Jun 25, 2011

Calming the mind

"Yoga's ability to tone the body and calm the mind makes it useful." Violet Snow.

I am not a faithful practioner of Yoga, but I enjoy it on occasion.  I believe I find similar calming in my walks and runs in nature, in meditation, and in gardening.  Whatever we can put in place which slows our breath and quiets our minds is good for our overall well being.  To achieve balance, I find it necessary to do some practice that calms me every single day.  No excuses.   Mornings work best for me for my exercise walks or runs.  For one thing, it is cooler; but more importantly, if I exercise in the morning, then it does not get scheduled out of my day.  It is done, and the whole day goes better as a result.  What supportive practices do you have that support your well being?

No comments:

Post a Comment