Jun 20, 2011

First fawn

"We are all self-conscious beings with a gift to share.  How we share that gift determines the quality of our lives and the memories we leave behind." Ron Fox. 

Perhaps it is because I was raised on a dairy farm, but the first animals of spring always bring a smile to my face and a sense of wonder in my heart.  The fawn I saw on this morning's walk is probably not the first of spring, but it was the first sighting for me.  On the train ride in Glacier I saw a baby antelope frolicking in a meadow; that, also, was a first for me. 

I believe that we need these sources of hope and renewal, and what brings each of us hope and renewal is probably different for each of us, and yet some are common to us all.  Music, art, nature, meditation and prayer, loving connections:  are some of the ways humans renew themselves.  More and more it seems that "disconnecting" from our 24/7 availability is a way some people rejuvenate.  That is certainly true for me.  I need to eliminate obligations and create space in my schedule in order to renew myself.  What works for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment