Jun 24, 2011

Comments and gratitude

"Prune and cut back on excess, and growth will flourish," Vivian Elisabeth Glyck.

A friend lent me a lovely little book, 12 Lessons on Life I Learned From My Garden, by the above author.  It seems true that we can apply lessons learned from one activity to another activity -- or the bigger application:  to life.  Pruning and cutting back on excess obligations over the weekend was what saved my mental health and restored me to homeostasis.  What can you prune and cut back?  Perhaps the expectations and judgments imposed by yourself or others?  Perhaps in asking for or arranging respite instead of doing it all yourself?  Perhaps in installing something fun in each and every day?  It is time well spent to observe and - if needed - make changes in our approach to life, so that we are healthier and happier.

Comments by readers:  Thank you for the recent comments from readers, Kathy and others.  I have tried to respond to them, but Google has apparently changed their format, not allowing me to comment within my own blog?!   I appreciate each of the helpful, informative and supportive comments.  And, I appreciate each and every person who takes time to read this blog.  Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment