Jun 26, 2011

Our bodies

"Our bodies are our gardens, to the which our wills are gardeners." William Shakespeare.

I was able today for the first time this season to get my bike on the trail and breeze along for about 13 miles.  It was the first time, since my bad accident two years ago, that I was again comfortable and focused on the pleasure, rather than the chance of mishap.  Shakespeare has so much wisdom in his writings, and this quote is yet another one.  Our wills, or our attitudes, do, indeed, affect our bodies.  It is a good way to think of our bodies; they the garden and our wills the gardeners.  I intend to create a flourishing, welcoming, nourishing, beautiful, and healthy garden, and I will do so with positive thoughts supported by exercise, healthy eating, good health practices, restful sleep, and fun.  Today I have created a very large meal, thinking out-of-town family would dine with us tonight, and that is not going to work out for them.  So, instead, I invited two friends we both enjoy to join us for the feast of food I have prepared.  Some fun and some flexibility --- if not the ones I planned for, then others I can enjoy instead.  Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment