Feb 7, 2015

Caregiving With Love

"Love many things, for therein lies the true strength, and whoever loves much performs much, and can accomplish much, and what is done in love is done well." Vincent Van Gogh

What is done in love is done well.  Yes, I agree.  That includes caregiving.  I watch my daughter parent her daughter, and because it is based in love, it is lovely to see.  It is bringing out the very best, the true essence of my granddaughter.  We can do the same thing with caregiving.  Sometimes when I see my loved one, he is agitated -- usually the result of one of his hallucinations, but a few minutes speaking softly to him, reassuring him - and he is calm again.  It is remarkable how much impact a loving response can have.  How do you show love in your caregiving?

No comments:

Post a Comment