Feb 12, 2015

Honoring the Range of Our Emotions

Image result for nature photos
"Keep me away from the wisdom that does not cry, the philosophy that does not laugh, and the greatness which does not bow before children." Kahlil Gibran


Gibran is so wise.  keep me away from:  wisdom that does not cry, philosophy that does not laugh, and greatness that does not bow before children.  That covers everything, does it not?  As humans we need laughter, wisdom, humility, to express our sorrow.  To deny any of that is to deny being human.  Being sick is part of being human too.  I have caught whatever is the strain of illness going around just now.  I do not dare go see my loved one for fear of infected him, and I do not have the energy to do so anyway.  I call, but that is not the same as seeing him.  Part of being human:  the sickness, the joy, the sadness, the humility, the wisdom.

No comments:

Post a Comment