Feb 2, 2015

Gratitude

"Nature does not hurry, and yet everything is accomplished." Lao Tzu

Yesterday on the way home from an activity we encountered the most perilous roads I have ever driven.  Freezing rain had turned the highway into a skating rink.  It took us 3 hours to drive what usually takes about 45 minutes.  Stopped for a long time because of accidents, when we were able to go again, we passed more accidents than I have seen in such a short distance.  I was the one driving, and it was even more anxious for me because I had passengers I loved.  What this event did, as many similar ones do for us, is force us to slow down.  I am sorry for the people involved in the accidents, and I am grateful that for us, slowing down and being careful was sufficient.  When in our lives do we slow down and just breathe?  Let it not take an accident or illness for us to slow down -- knowing all will be accomplished.  And, perhaps if something is not accomplished, it was not meant to be.  

No comments:

Post a Comment