Feb 24, 2015

Dark Days

Image result for nature photos
"It's always darkest before the dawn." Thomas Fuller

While not literally true, this quote reminds us that when life seems most bleak is often just before we have a breakthrough and life begins to improve.  Let's be honest.  As caregivers, we will become discouraged, we will have dark days; but that is the time to look for optimism.  What, when you are feeling down, can you see in your life that is good and positive?  I was feeling down on Valentine's Day -- perhaps because I tend to be sentimental and this day was a visceral reminder to me that romantic roles and days have passed in my relationship with my loved one.  My daughter invited me on a fun excursion which lifted my mood, and then I planned a gentle evening watching a movie I enjoyed.  How can you turn a dark day into one of light?

No comments:

Post a Comment