Sep 3, 2009

How do deal with this as a crisis

Psychologist Rudolf Moos at Stanford University Medical Center has done research on ways to handle a crisis that can also change your life. One of the strategies is to realign our basic values and priorities. We have many options when life hands us something unexpected and unwanted. It is important, in my opinion, that we choose how we are going to handle it. I know my way has always been to look directly at what is, and then make choices aligned with what seems to be the best options, with the new altered reality.

I have dismantled my professional life, because this disease now takes precedence. Facing something that is incurable and progressive, I realize that life is short and I am making new decisions about what to do with my time. More tomorrow on how to let crisis change your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment