Sep 9, 2009

Looking for the good

Again this morning my readings were about looking for the good in any situation. That seems to be the theme for the week, and I think the theme is trying to tell me something.

I find it fairly easy to look for the good if I stay in the present. If I am just thinking about today; things are going along okay. If I look toward the future, all I see are horrifying aspects. I was with my brother-in-law when he died of Pick's disease, another form of dementia. I watched Dwane's aunt and mother both die very long deaths with dementia. In all cases it seemed like a horrifying way to die. But, neither Dwane or I are dying today. Yesterday he finished the repair he was doing on his trailer and mowed the lawn. All is well.

In other big, and seemingly negative, events in my life, I have later been able to see the good that came from that event (sometimes even within the event I could see it). I intend to look for the good in this life event.

No comments:

Post a Comment